“TEXT NARRATIVE SEDERHANA BERBENTUK LEGENDA”
1. Pertemuan 1 dan 2 (legenda danau laut tawar and putro bungsu)
1.Have any one heard what a legend is?
2.Do you know any legends from Aceh?
3. Do you like listening to legend or story?
4. Listen to the following the following legend and fill in the blank space !
Listen to the story of PUTRO BUNGSU AND THE DRAGON (Folklore From Aceh)
Once upon a time, there were two dragons lived in Aceh. The dragons were male and female, they were husband and wife. The dragons really wanted to have a child. They always prayed to God to give them a child.
One day the dragons were resting at the river side. Suddenly they saw a baby beside a basket. The basket was drifting in the current of the water.
“My husband, look! There is a human baby inside the basket. Let’s save the baby!” said the mother dragon.
The father dragon immediately swam fast. He brought the baby to the side.
She was a baby girl. The dragons were very happy. They had a child. Although the baby was a human child, the dragons really loved her. They named her Putri Bungsu.
Days passed by, Putri Bungsu was adult. She was very beautiful. The dragons always took care of her. They also always protected her.
In the mean time, Putri Bungsu real parents were looking for her. There was an incident and accidentally Putri Bungsu was drifting in the river.
After years looking for her, Putri Bungsu’s real parents finally found her.
“My child, thank God we finally found you. You are our daughter. We know it from the mark in your hand,” said the mother.
The dragons were angry! They said Putri Bungsu was their daughter. “No! She is our daughter! We have raised her since she was a baby. We loved her and she loved us,” said the mother dragon.
Putri Bungsu’s real parents and the dragons were arguing. They each claimed to be Putri’s Bungsu’s parents and they asked Putri bungsu to stay with them.
They were arguing and they did not get any solutions. Putri Bungsu’s real parents asked for help. They asked Tuan Tapa to help them. Tuan Tapa was a holy man. He also had supernatural power.
Tuan Tapa then asked the dragons to let Putri Bungsu leave and stay with her real parents. The dragons were angry. They asked Tuan Tapa not to interfere.
Tuan Tapa realized that the dragons could not negotiate. Therefore Tuan Tapa challenged them to fight.
“If you win, you can keep her. However you have to let her go and stay with her real parents if you both lose the fight,” said Tuan Tapa.
“Ha ha ha…No problem! We will win the fight!”
Then Tuan Tapa and the dragons were fighting bravely. Although he was alone and had to fight with two dragons, Tuan Tapa was very brave. He used all his skills to fight them.
And finally he won the fight! The father dragon was dead. The mother dragon was very sad and angry. She knew she could not win the fight. She escaped.
The mother dragon was very angry. She wagged her tail. It broke an island into two small islands. people named the islands as Pulau Dua.
The tail also wagged another big island into many small islands. People named the island as Pulau Banyak.
While the body of the father dragon changed into a big stone.
People named it as Batu Hitam. And the blood dried into a big red stone, people named it as Batu Merah
(Posted by smarthink | Wednesday, November 25, 2009 | www.folkrore4u.blogspot.com)
- Dengan bimbingan dan arahan guru, siswa mempertanyakan antara lain perbedaan antar berbagai teks naratif yang ada dalam bahasa Inggris, perbedaan teks dalam bahasa Inggris dengan yang ada dalam bahasa Indonesia.
- Siswa mempertanyakan gagasan utama, informasi rinci dan informasi tertentu
Teacher direct students to ask questions related to the story (legend).
Exercise 1. After listening to the story, what do you think? Do you have any question about it?
- Siswa membaca beberapa text legenda dari berbagai sumber.
- Siswa berlatih menemukan gagasan utama, informasi rinci dan informasi tertentu
- Siswa melengkapi rumpang dari beberapa teks legenda sederhana
- Siswa secara berkelompok menuliskan /menyalin teks narative dengan memperhatikan fungsi sosial, struktur, dan unsur kebahasaan dengan runtut
- Siswa membacakan teks narative kepada teman dengan menggunakan unsur kebahasaan yang tepat
Exercise 2. Find the missing words while listening to the text. (note: Refering to the text Putri Bungsu, and in the practice the words in red are omited)
Exercise 3. Answer the following questions based on the information you find form the text.
a. What is the story about?
b. Why did the dragons want to raise up the baby
c. Why was the baby drifted on the river?
d. What did the parents of the baby demand to the dragons?
e. What can you learn from the story?
2. Pertemuan 3 dan 4 (jaz chants dan simple past tense)
1. Listen to this jazz chant and pay attention to the tense it use.
I got engaged in January
A: Did you hear the gossip? Did you hear the news?
B: No, I didn.t, what.s the story? Tell me all the news!
A: Well, Mr. Smith retired last month.
B: Mr. Smith retired?
A: And Mrs. Jones moved last week.
B: Mrs. Jones moved?
A: Mr. Green got married in June.
B: Mr. Green got married?
A: And a week ago, Dick Harper died.
B: Dick Harper died?
A: I think that.s it. I.d better go! I have a lot to do.
B: Well, thanks a lot. It was really good to talk to you.
B: Did you hear the gossip? Did you hear the news?
C: No, I didn.t, what.s the story? Tell me all the news!
B: Well, Mr. Smith retired last month.
C: Mr. Smith retired?
B: And Mrs. Jones moved last week.
C: Mrs. Jones moved?
B: Mr. Green got married in June.
C: Mr. Green got married?
B: And a week ago, Dick Harper died.
C: Dick Harper died?
B: I think that.s it. I.d better go! I have a lot to do.
C: Well, thanks a lot. It was really good to talk to you.
3. Pertemuan ke 5 dan 6
- Siswa dibagi dalam kelompok.
- Masing masing kelompok terdiri dari empat orang.
1. Secara berkelompok , siswa menyusun gambar berdasarkan cerita malin kundang.
2. Selanjutnya siswa menuliskan cerita berdasarkan gambar yang telah disusun
3. Menentukan generic structure dari text yang telah disusun
4. Siswa menceritakan kembali di depan kelas hasil penulisan cerita legenda tentang malin kundang.